Psalm 139:14

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Little Mercies

     This weekend was ROUGH. We are all worn from the journey, yet trying to keep it all together. My kids were being awful this weekend; fighting constantly, antagonizing and just being pain naughty. We were wracking our brains trying to figure out what the heck was going on. In my grief I failed to realize how much this is was affecting them. So caught up in myself that I didn't see their little hurts. My sweet Kaleb who has such a tender heart and picks up on everthing especially how I am feeling, feels my stress and pain. And he feels his too. He is very close to his Oma. He is only 4 1/2 and it is unfair to expect him to know how to deal with this, so what does he do? He acts out. Ms. Ruby just wants her momma home and doesn't understand why I keep leaving. Clarity comes at the end of a long day when I can process enough to understand. THANK GOD for forgiveness and redemption. That to my littles, saying I'm sorry and lots of snuggles fixes it for now. That they can realize that I am human and make mistakes and that it isn't my intention to be short and impatient.
   A gentle reminder how in the midst of our pain, God uses out little ones to show us that at the end of the day we will be OK. That his mercies are new every morning and gratefully so are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment