Psalm 139:14

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

I am Blessed!

    Standing in line at Starbucks buying my favorite coffee, I was struck by the overwhelming feeling of gratefulness. I started thinking about how blessed I am that I can spend $26.00 (I bought some other stuff too) with ease so that I can really enjoy my coffee every morning. That I can go into the store and buy what I want each week without worry, and no it wasn't always this way. That there is not much in this life that I "want". Of course there are things that I would like, as we all do, but in reality there is nothing that I need. I am sure that some of you would say that based on what I am going through that this is not what blessed "looks like". However, I refuse to live my life feeling sorry for my circumstances. OK, lets be realistic here... there are times that I feel sorry for myself and that's OK, but I have decided that I am not going to let that feeling control me and stear my life in a different directions. God never promised us that this life would be easy, in fact he told us that it would be hard.
1 Peter 1:6-7 "In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
      He also promised us that he would be there right besides us every step of the way. The promise that this is not what we were created for, that this pain and sickness that we experience is because this isn't our true home keeps me going. The promise that we will be restored and new is such an exciting one, isn't it? So, even though this is just my current destination and at times it is really dark, I will be thankful for the blessings I am given each day and the ability to see those blessings in the dark times as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment